Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Purchasing – Supply Chain Managemer
About the Job
Supply Chain Management Specialist- Job Description
Our company is a consumer product company. We have about 2500 active items with over 50 vendors. Our goal is to have inventory turnover ratio 3 times a year with less than 4.5% back order ratio. The inventory control specialist has the primary responsibility of increasing a profit and maintaining company profitability by maintaining accurate inventory levels. Our goal for this position is to improve inventory turnover ratio without out of inventory at the same time minimizing expenses. This position manage few staffs and works with other department management team to provide strategic insight and program management into our purchasing and operations processes, drive supporting analyses, and improve supply chain planning visibility and efficiencies; with the objective of continuously improving supply chain processes, reporting, productivity, and efficiency. We are seeking an exceptionally strong candidate to provide supply chain and inventory management, analysis, forecasting and modeling to support our global supply chain operations
• Leads and manage the inventory department and serves as key member of the management team and influences sales, sourcing, planning and logistics.
• Actively communicates with overseas suppliers to meet delivery date and arrange freights, custom, and delivery to the warehouse.
• Establish, improve inventory system including software inventory system to minimize human errors.
• Manage and decrease inbound cost such as freight cost, custom, and truck delivery.
• Tracking of pending orders to assure the delivery date without partial shipment.
• Identifies, develops, documents, changes and/or implements best practices in Supply Chain processes; leveraging existing intellectual capital and developing innovative concepts/methodologies for addressing/approaching major strategic issues.
• Periodical evaluation of few staffs.
The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
• Bachelor degree required preferably in Supply Chain Management, Business, Operations Research/Management or other related discipline
• Import & Export industry experience is preferred
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience with proven record of effective demand planning, inventory management, distribution, logistics and transportation in the retail/distribution industry
• Strong quantitative analytical skills, business acumen and insight; with the ability to understand and synthesize data from various sources, work around data limitations, and form impactful judgments and insights Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Understanding of best-in-class planning processes with the ability to interpret complex data, leverage information for business decision-making, and develop/translate data into actionable recommendations
• Exceptional communication, influencing and leadership skills in order to directly influence and lead cross-functional teams
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and deadlines while maintaining a high degree of accuracy in outputs
• Excellent problem-solving, trouble-shooting, and project management skills/capabilities
• Working knowledge of forecasting & modeling techniques and demand planning applications including demonstrated advanced proficiency with financial modeling concepts and tools such as those in the Microsoft Office suite
• Proficient in SAP or other ERP system.
• Solid presentation and written communication skills
Apply by clicking “Apply for this job”
If you have any questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org